A glorious beard is the rawest manifestation of masculinity and a good beard can give you that confidence to make your day amazing. That’s why we made our beard balm, which is specially formulated to condition and hydrate your beard whilst offering a light hold.
We think our nourishing balm is the best you can get, and we have all the facts to prove it. From the all-natural ingredients to long-lasting scent (the fact that it is made in the UK is a bonus!)
We thought that we’d take the time to explain exactly why we think we have the best beard balm out there. Below is a breakdown of our best features and you don’t have to take our word for it, take a look at our reviews from happy customers!
What exactly is beard balm anyway?
The goal of a good balm is to soften and moisturise your beard, whilst offering some hold. It is essentially a leave-in conditioner, that can help you maintain and style your beard. Furthermore, it can leave your beard with a healthy gloss and shine.
Additionally, our beard balms are made using all-natural ingredients, such as beeswax and mango butter. These leave your beard nourished and silky smooth.
What makes a good beard balm?
There is a whole market of beard products, all claiming to give you the beard of your dreams. This can make it difficult to pick the one that will work for you and your beard.
To help you pick the best we’ve outlined the qualities that we think a good beard balm should have:
- Long-lasting scent – the scent of your beard balm should last all day, leaving you smelling fresh and delicious
- Light hold – Your beard balm should leave your beard easy to tame, giving you control of the shape and style of your beard.
- Shine – Good quality beard balm should leave your beard with a healthy shine, this is due to the oils in the balm
- Relieve irritated skin – due to the ingredients such as butter and beeswax, beard balm can actually be beneficial to your skin, by relieving any irritations.
- Moisturises/softens beard – Quality beard balms will not only help tame and style your beard they will soften it over time, leading to a beard that is easier to maintain.
- No waxy residue – Beard balms should have a light hold on your beard but shouldn’t leave a waxy residue, as this indicates it is too heavy for your beard.
What ingredients are used in beard balm?
We pride ourselves on using all-natural ingredients in our beard balm for the best results on your skin and beard. Below is our full list of ingredients (no hidden chemicals here!) and the benefits and background of a few.
Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, + your choice of scent.
Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil – Pronounced “ho-ho-bah”
Jojoba is a plant that produces seeds that can be used to produce an oil that is used in many cosmetic products. It has benefits such as being a natural moisturiser, antibacterial, antioxidant and even anti-inflammatory properties.
The natural moisturiser that Jojoba oil brings is used as it disperses oils from the follicle, which strengthens the hair growth. The antibacterial and antioxidant properties help to keep your sensitive facial skin free of infections. Furthermore, the natural anti-inflammatory properties within jojoba seed oil can soothe inflamed skin and hair follicles.
Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil – Historically argan oil has been a culinary staple in Morrocco, but more recently it’s use is becoming popular globally for cosmetics and medicinal applications. The amazing thing about Argan oil is that it is incredibly nutrient-rich. It is jam-packed with vitamin A, C and E (tocopherol), as well as containing antioxidants, linoleic acid and omega-6 acids. When applied to your face and beard, Argan oil can help to lock in moisture and boost cell production, resulting in healthier and naturally shiny hair and skin.
For your beard, this oil can help thicken and strengthen the hair, by making the hair follicles stronger. Furthermore, it can help reduce frizz and repair split ends. This leads to a healthier and shinier beard.
Should I use beard balm or oil?
This depends on what you are trying to achieve. Beard oil is great for nourishing your skin and beard, whereas beard balm is great for nourishing and providing a light hold for styling. They are both fantastic products, both worthy of a space in your beard care routine. For a more detailed comparison head on over to our beard oil vs beard balm blog post.
How to apply beard balm?
- Scoop a pea-sized amount into your palm, and rub your hands together until the balm is melted.
- Evenly distribute it through your beard.
- For best results use The Sardar Co beard brush to style your beard and tame any flyaways, and there you have it, the beard of your dreams!
What do people think about The Sardar Co’s beard balm?
We think you’ll love our fantastic balms, but you don’t just have to take our word for it. Below are just a few from happy customers who have tried and loved our beard balm!
Why not treat yourself to one of our amazing beard balms: